[asterisk-users] CallerID setting issue with withheld numbers and mISDN ...

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Thu Mar 13 13:01:29 CDT 2008

Heres a weird one...

Call comes in on mISDN channel. Little bit of dialcode (in a macro) looks
up the number in the astdb and puts an name to it. No real magic there,
and it works well.

Same macro also has parameter passed in to put a prefix on the name - this
is set in the DDI handling and is dependent on the number called and
allows phone users to see which number was called (company trading under
different names with different phone numbers type of thing). Again, no
issues there - it's working nicely.

Until someone calls in withholding their number.

Then no amount of Set(CALLERID(name)=somethin) will work. Even if I
explicitly do a Set before the dial, it seems to get ignored.

Extract from console output:

     -- Executing NoOp("mISDN/3-1", "CallerID is still "DDI+Joby" <123>") in new stack

(the result of an earlier 'force' by me in the macro)

     -- Executing Set("mISDN/3-1", "CALLERID(all)=Test <123>") in new stack

(explicit set)

     -- Executing NoOp("mISDN/3-1", "CallerID is still "Test" <123>") in new stack

(and test)

     -- Executing Dial("mISDN/3-1", "IAX2/299&SIP/299||WwTton") in new stack

the final dial ...

So no-matter what, I would expect to see Test and 123 on the phone.
However I see Unknown Unknown on it when I call in, withholding the
number. If I call in and don't withhold the number, then I see Test and
123 as expected.

I'm sure it's not a phone issue either as far as I can tell - eg. from
this extract of tshark output:

         Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 1.2.3.4:5060;branch=z9hG4bK693cea19;rport