[asterisk-users] Problem sending CallerID Name to Dialogic based phone app

Mike Fedyk mike at reachme.com
Wed Mar 12 15:12:27 CDT 2008

Hi,

Asterisk 1.4.17
Sangoma a102DE

I'm having some issues sending CallerID Name to a Dialogic based phone app.
According to the pri debug (asterisk2a-pri-debug.txt in [3]) you can see
that it is sending the CallerID Name "Mike - Budgetone - reachme.com" to the
Dialogic card, but it isn't regestering on the Dialogic based system.

I can receive CallerID Names from our Paetec, our provider on the Dialogic
system, so it must be using a different PRI signalling message.  Right now,
the Sangoma card is not connected to our provider, only to the Dialogic so
getting a PRI trace from asterisk would require doing a trace on the
dialogic (which will probably give different debug format) or connect the
provider directly to sangoma/asterisk which would require *a lot* of painful
configuration changes, mostly on the Dialogic side.

I'm hoping someone can help shed some light on this.  I simply want to get
asterisk/sangoma to send the same signalling that Paetec does.  I am
contacting them for details on the setup they are using also.

http://www.dialogic.com/manuals/docs/isdn_api_v5.pdf

The Dialogic system is using the U_IES[1] with cc_GetCallInfo() to get the
information sent from Paetec, our provider, but the information isn't being
sent the same way from the Sangoma card, even though I have it set to
pri_net in zapata.conf.

Alternatively, we can check the UUI[2] message to see if the Dialogic card
will receive it that way.

Mike

1. Information Elements (IEs) in CCITT format. The cc_GetCallInfo( )
function retrieves all unprocessed IEs in CCITT format. Be sure to allocate
enough memory (up to 256
bytes) to hold the retrieved IEs. The IEs are returned as raw data and must
be parsed and interpreted by the application. Use IE_BLK to retrieve the
unprocessed IEs. For a description of the IE_BLK data structure, see Section
6.6. IE_BLK. See Appendix C for descriptions of information elements
specific to the DPNSS protocol.

2. User-to-user information. The user information data returned is
application-dependent. The user information is retrieved using the
USRINFO_ELEM data structure. For a description of the return format for UUI,
see Section 6.16. USRINFO_ELEM.

3.
http://reachme.com/sangoma-asterisk-dialogic/sangoma1a-scripted-config-info.
txt