[asterisk-users] DTMF problems while greeting is playing (Background())

James Lamanna jlamanna at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 11:45:07 CDT 2008

Hi everyone.
I've tried RelaxDTMF and it didn't seem to help.

I can't use Read() or WaitExten() instead of background.
What I was doing was running a test using the following dialplan:
[custom-testdtmf2]
exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,n,AGI(festival-script.pl|Enter test digits. Then press pound.)
exten => s,n,Read(mydigit||0)
exten => s,n,SayDigits(${mydigit})
exten => s,n,Gotoif($["foo${mydigit}" = "foo"]?6:3)
exten => s,n,Playback(vm-goodbye)
exten => s,n,Hangup

When I dialed in and pressed some digits, all the digits were read
back to me with no issues.
So it seems that the greeting in Background() is interfering with the
DTMF detection.

-- James