[asterisk-users] Expected iax user behaviour

Thomas Kenyon digium at sanguinarius.co.uk
Wed Mar 12 04:51:07 CDT 2008

I have a provider which terminate using iax setting the phone number
dialled as the username.

If I have in iax.conf the following: (basically what I have with some
names changed and codec stuff removed)

[<phone-number-1>]
type-user
username=<phone-number-1>
context=incomingcontext

[<phone-number-2>]
type-user
username=<phone-number-2>
context=incomingcontext

[providername]
type=friend
username=providername
secret=somepassword
host=<ip of host call is coming in from>
context=incomingcontext
trunk=yes

Then the incoming call is authenticated with the [<phone-number-1>]
credentials and then gets recognised by asterisk as [providername] .

Is this expected behaviour? (and a way of adding additional credentials
to users).

Will concurrent calls be properly trunked?

If this works how it looks like it does, then it will make my life a lot
simpler.