[asterisk-users] DTMF problems while greeting is playing (Background())

James Lamanna jlamanna at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 01:48:45 CDT 2008

Hi,
I have a Digium TE410p T1 card and I've noticed that under asterisk
1.4.17/18 I have problems detecting DTMF in IVRs. I think I've
narrowed the problem down to some sort of interference between the
greeting that is playing and the DTMF tones. DTMF detection seems to
work very reliably when I am in Read() or WaitExten(), but is
absolutely unusable while in Background().

I hope someone has some ideas for a workaround or solution to this
problem. Having users wait until the end of a greeting to make a menu
selection is pretty much unacceptable.

Thank you.

-- James