[asterisk-users] setting callerid across servers

Peter Eisch peter at boku.net
Tue Mar 11 15:32:37 CDT 2008

On 3/11/08 2:53 PM, "Niles Ingalls" <niles at atheos.net> wrote:

> On Mar 11, 2008, at 3:25 PM, Jerry Geis wrote:
>
>> I have a situation when a T1/PRI line comes into box 1
>> then uses SIP over to box 2 and all my phones are on box 2.
>> if the person is not at their desk on ring no answer I am calling
>> their
>> cell phone
>> which places the call back over SIP to box 1 and out the T1 .
>>
>> How can I setup this configuration so the original caller ID will
>> show up
>> on the cell phone.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jerry
>>

> Jerry,
> What CID are you expecting to show on the cell phone? Based on what
> information
> you have provided, the original call is coming outside of your system,
> and you will not
> be able to duplicate their CID when you pass the call to your users
> cell phone.
> You can always screen the call though, allowing the recipient to know
> who is calling them.
> Niles

This can vary on a PRI from provider to provider.  I'm currently switching
vendors because the current one will only take specific CID info.  The new
vendor will allow any CID info (on or off their network) to be presented.

The old vendor keeps promising me that they have an update for their system
which will allow them to take any -- but their time ran out.

peter