[asterisk-users] T.38 passthrough in asterisk 1.4

Ricardo Carvalho rjcarvalho at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 14:16:59 CDT 2008

I've been testing the exchange of FAXes in Asterisk 1.4 using T.38, and I
found that it only works if I use canreinvite=yes for both ATAs connected to
my legacy FAX machines.

The so called T.38 passthrough is only for SIP signaling? Not for RTP?
If so, is there a way I can make the RTP traffic of those FAXes go out using
the same IP of my Asterisk server through the SIP trunk I have established
with the telco I have subscribed? This is because, this  telco only accepts
all traffic (SIP+RTP) sent by the same IP.

Regards,
Ricardo Carvalho.