[asterisk-users] Call tracing - Asterisk 1.4

Louwrens Benadé louwrens at jasper.co.za
Tue Mar 11 08:41:58 CDT 2008

Hi guys

I've just read this about the upcoming release of * 1.6:

“Better reporting through a new call event logging capability in Asterisk
1.6 will allow complete tracking of events that take place during a call.
The goal, according to Fleming, is to provide more detail than traditional
CDR (Call Detail Recording) features offer and to allow for more granular
tracking and auditing.”

That sounds brilliant! But I'm in desperate need of something to handle call
tracing in 1.4...

Does anyone know how I can accomplish this? I thought about using the
originating uniqueid and populate for every event related to the call
(transfers, etc), but I'm having trouble reading the dialplan to see what
executes where :(