[asterisk-users] Newbie Polycom: IP601 console with expansion module

Rob Hillis rob at hillis.dyndns.org
Tue Mar 11 03:52:36 CDT 2008

Special dialplans for reception are entirely up to you.  The only reason
reception phones have different dialplans to normal extensions is that
often people want the receptionist's phone to behave a little differently.

The Polycom 601 (nor any of the other common IP phonse designed for
receptionist use as far as I'm aware) does not /require/ any special
handling or precautions.  However, if it is the main point of contact
for your business (as is often the case) then you probably do want to
put in some extra effort to ensure it works as it should.