[asterisk-users] Disable SIP notify for peers

Adrian A adrianvoip at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 15:14:53 CDT 2008

Hello,

I am using OpenSER together with Asterisk.
I have the users registered to OpenSER and have added peer definitions for
each user so that the NOTIFY for MWI is sent to user when voicemail is left
in their respective mailbox. That works great so far in terms of voicemail
integration. On the OpenSER I have a script being executed for when
message-summary SUBSCRIBE's are received which uses the manager interface
for Asterisk to retrieve message counts and send them using sipsak.

The one thing which I would like to change is that when I do a 'reload' or
restart Asterisk, a NOTIFY is sent to each peer. When I have around 200 of
these, Asterisk tries to send 200 NOTIFY messages at once which seems to
sometimes lock it up and it also probably overloads the network
unnecessarily. Is there any way to disable these NOTIFY's? I only want it to
send them to the user when a voicemail is left.

Thanks,
Adrian