[asterisk-users] What replaces Macro() now? And how do you do the equivalent?

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Sun Mar 9 21:59:32 CDT 2008

I've been working on getting the sample configuration of extensions.conf
to be more usable, i.e. to make the examples be more flexible or cover
more territory...  I thought it might be handy to show people how to use
more contexts for virtual hosting, for example.

Problem is I was using the existing stdexten macro from 1.2.  See:

http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=11969

If Macro()/MacroExit() is deprecated, how does one go about achieving
the same functionality with Gosub()/Return()?

Not having named parameters is a bit of a hassle.

I was thinking about setting up variables, and using a template, but
that's clumsy also.

So... if we're giving up Macro(), what functionality do we get instead?

Thanks,

-Philip