[asterisk-users] Silencing VoiceMail() app in * 1.4.10

Horwich IT Services (Godwin Stewart) g.stewart at horwits.co.uk
Sun Mar 9 15:54:52 CDT 2008

On Sun, 9 Mar 2008 21:49:34 +0200, "Atis Lezdins" <atis at iq-labs.net> wrote:

> Maybe you should ask for best way for this in asterisk-dev.

Good point. I'll probably do that tomorrow.

> I checked wat you're saying and it seems to me that more logical would be
> to play "auth-thankyou" in application, not __ast_play_and_record(), but
> it may break some concept.

The thing is there are multiple applications that use these functions and
that are liable to want to say "thank you" afterwards. With that in mind,
it does make more sense to have the message sent out from the common
denominator rather than from each application that uses that common
denominator. However, I also agree with your statement that the 's' option
should silence *everything* with the exception, perhaps, of the beep before
recording starts.

--
Godwin Stewart - Horwich IT services