[asterisk-users] FXS channel banks

Faraz Khan faraz.khan at emergen.biz
Sat Mar 8 08:41:50 CST 2008

> Just think of a different alternative: If you consider the cost of a
> 24/32/48 FXS channel bank, vs. the cost of the PC used to driver it:
> just put a simple PC at that end of the campus and attach the Astribank
> to it.

A simple PC? Thats just asking for trouble. In my experience if this
is an enterprise, you would need atleast a HP ML 150 with redundant
PSU and Raid 5  + 1 spare disk, redundant fans EVERYWHERE! :)

Dont get me wrong. I think the idea of having a USB channel bank is
great- but deployment in distributed or a 'campus' network would be
very problematic compared to a quintum/grandstream SIP gateway
(completely solid state / no pc required/ consumes little power)

--
Faraz R Khan
Chief Architect