[asterisk-users] FXS channel banks

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Fri Mar 7 14:00:03 CST 2008

On Fri, Mar 07, 2008 at 02:14:57AM +0200, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> >    http://www.voipon.co.uk/xorcom-astribank32-32-fxs-channel-bank-p-530.html
> >
> > Trouble is, you'll need 7 32-port units to cover your needs and I'm not
> > sure if USB2 is up to driving that many ... Tzafrir?
>
> One USB connector can take a number close to that easily. But even if
> USB were the bottleneck, you would just add another USB controller in
> the form of PCI card and get extra bandwidth.

Is there any reason you'd want to do that on a system of that scale
instead of just using Ethernetted FXS boxes on a dedicated 100Base?

Even if you didn't want to use reinvite, seems you'd still win just
from the less expensive host interface (I can't understand people using
T-1 interfaces for FXS channels either, honestly, in the current
environment).

Cheers,
-- jra

	     Those who cast the vote decide nothing.