[asterisk-users] Silencing VoiceMail() app in * 1.4.10

Horwich IT Services (Godwin Stewart) g.stewart at horwits.co.uk
Fri Mar 7 02:34:47 CST 2008

Hi there,

Googling through the archives it looks like I'm the ferst person to want
this...

My aim is to set up a voicemail application with a custom greeting before
*AND AFTER* the punter has left the message.

Right now the relevant section of my dialplan is like this:

exten => 2,1,Playback(/media/asterisk/answerphone-en)
exten => 2,n,VoiceMail(2000,s)
exten => 2,n,Playback(/media/asterisk/thankyou-en)
exten => 2,n,Hangup()

The 's' option to VoiceMail() silences the prompt, leaves the beep just
before going into 'record' mode, but also plays back auth-thankyou after
the user hits the # key.

How can I suppress playback of auth-thankyou at the end or get VoiceMail()
to play back a different file?

Thanks in advance,

--
Godwin Stewart - Horwich IT services