[asterisk-users] FXS channel banks

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Thu Mar 6 10:22:23 CST 2008

On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 10:49 AM, Jay R. Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 06, 2008 at 10:38:36AM -0500, Drew Gibson wrote:
>  > www.citel.com
>  >
>  > I used them a few years back in a pilot install with legacy Nortel
>  > phones and it worked well. I gather they have grown tremendously from
>  > there. I'm in North America, don't know how well they support UK stuff.
>
>  Citel are, are they not, the company that specializes in "FXS" channel
>  banks specific to legacy digital phones?  Do they do analog-POTS banks
>  as well?
>

>  Cheers,
>  -- jra
>  --
>  Jay R. Ashworth                   Baylink                      jra at baylink.com
>  Designer                     The Things I Think                       RFC 2100
>  Ashworth & Associates     http://baylink.pitas.com                     '87 e24
>  St Petersburg FL USA      http://photo.imageinc.us             +1 727 647 1274
>
>              Those who cast the vote decide nothing.
>              Those who count the vote decide everything.
>                -- (Joseph Stalin)

Citel is the worst product I have ever dealt with, worse than
Grandstream but for different reasons.

Anyways, for smaller port density I love the Quintum Tenor AX 24 port
FXS,  They may make a 48, I am not sure.  This is a SIP connection,
and there are probably a multitude of other products that do the same,
Quintum blew me away with the sheer amount of options and
configuration (that you will probably never use).

I have heard people suggest MaxTNT for high port densities, which
looks great, I just have no experience or need for such a device yet.

The other option is a channel bank that connects via T1 or I guess E1
(although I have never seen an E1 30 port channel bank, I am in the US
so it is not surprising)

Thanks,
Steve Totaro