[asterisk-users] FXS channel banks

Chris Bagnall lists at minotaur.cc
Thu Mar 6 09:21:47 CST 2008

Greetings list,

I've been asked to provide a system for 200 extensions, most of which will be existing analogue POTS handsets, not IP handsets. I've not really had any experience with large channel banks in the past (since most of our deployments are strictly IP-only to the desk), so I'm at a loss as to which ones are worth looking at.

If anyone's had experience using channel banks on reasonably sizeable installs I'd be interested to hear what device(s) you used, how simple or complex they were to configure, and whether there'd be any issues attaching multiple units to a single server.

This install would be in the UK, so we do need to factor in the different conditions expected by UK POTS handsets (line impedance, etc.). Are most channel banks country-neutral, or do specific models need to be purchased for different line conditions in each country?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Chris
For full contact details visit http://www.minotaur.it