[asterisk-users] Linksys SPA devices and CID

Jaap Winius jwinius at umrk.to
Wed Mar 5 12:52:18 CST 2008

Quoting Tim Johnson <tjapml at cometonovascotia.ca>:

> What do you have for your "PSTN Answer Delay" (in PSTN tab)? I had to
> set mine between 3 to 5 to get reliable CID from the POTS line. This
> was for a SPA3102, not a 3000. I've never had a 3000, but everyone
> says they are nearly identical.

I normally have 0 for both "PSTN Answer Delay" and "PSTN Ring Thru
Delay". Increasing the latter has also been said to solve this
problem. However, if I change both of these values to 5 it does add a
noticeable delay before any phones ring, but the CID remains
unavailable. Perhaps this is because where I live (in the Netherlands)
the local telco always sends the CID first.

Thanks anyway!

Cheers,

Jaap