[asterisk-users] no audio between two asterisk servers

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Wed Mar 5 08:17:00 CST 2008

HI

I am running asterisk 1.4.18 on both machines.
I have two asterisk machines setup and a polycom phone, the main machine
is #1 the polycom
phone is connected to it as the server.
I come offhook on the polycom, dial 21, which calls machine #2.
Machine #2 is only to play demo-congrats.
Watching the asterisk monitor on both machines I see on #1 the Dial
going to machine #2,
machine #2 shows executing playback(demo-congrats).

However, I hear no audio.

I have done "service iptables stop" on both machines.
Both machines have in their sip.conf entry
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw

Everything "appears" to be working - just not hearing audio.
Why else would I not hear audio?

When I run the polycom and call into the dialplay on machine #1 I hear
audio just fine.

Jerry