[asterisk-users] Linksys SPA devices and CID

Jaap Winius jwinius at umrk.to
Wed Mar 5 06:49:55 CST 2008

Hi list,

After successfully configuring Linksys SPA3000 and SPA3102 devices as
Asterisk PSTN gateways, the only thing I can't get working is the PSTN
Caller ID. The analog and SIP phones I've used can both display CIDs
for internal calls, while the analog model also displays CIDs
correctly when attached directly to the PSTN line. However, when PSTN
calls come in via the SPA device, all I see is the SPA device CID
associated with the PSTN line; not the CID of the incoming call.

The only SPA settings I know of that are supposed to enable the
passing on of PSTN CIDs are the "PSTN CID For VoIP CID" option (under
PSTN Line), which AFAIK must be set to "yes," and the "Caller ID
Method" (under Regional), which I must set to "ETSI DTMI With PR", or
else my analog phone will not display any CIDs when attached to the
SPA's FXS port. Yet, these settings have never led to any positive
results, despite attempts with different firmware versions on both
devices.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Jaap