[asterisk-users] missing ${DIALSTATUS} in hangup extension?

Brooks Bridges bbridges at ifbyphone.com
Tue Mar 4 15:32:48 CST 2008

Hi all,

I've been working on debugging a bit of a custom dialplan system, and
seem to have run into some issues on our development server.  Hopefully
someone can give me some pointers on this one! =)

In a nutshell, we have a hangup extension that's being triggered to feed
data back to an api on our main webserver that seems to be randomly
"losing" the dialstatus channel variable.

For example, here is the line from our hangup extension in this context:

exten => h,n,System(/usr/bin/wget -q -b --output-file=/dev/null
"http://********.ifbyphone.com/******.php?action=outcallstatus&accountcode=${accountcode}&status=${DIALSTATUS}&trace")

It appears that about 50% of the time, when this gets called,
${DIALSTATUS} is empty.  I have not been able to determine a cause or
any way to reliably replicate this.

Here's an example of the output from the console:

-- Executing [h at broadcast:1]
NoOp("Local/18476766607 at broadcast_outdial-8f51,1", "") in new stack
-- Executing [h at broadcast:2]
System("Local/18476766607 at broadcast_outdial-8f51,1", "/usr/bin/wget -q
-b --output-file=/dev/null
"http://******.ifbyphone.com/********.php?action=outcallstatus&accountcode=ast-dev-46616515680&status=&trace"")
in new stack

Any thoughts?