[asterisk-users] Mitel SX-200 + *

Jared Smith jsmith at digium.com
Tue Mar 4 15:07:46 CST 2008

On Tue, 2008-03-04 at 12:34 -0800, Mark Best wrote:
> Does anyone have any experience getting a Mitel SX-200 EL/ML PBX
> system to work with *?

No, but I'll make a few comments anyway.  I'm not sure if they'll help
you at all, but maybe it'll help explain a few things to someone else on
the list.

> I’m not getting inbound or outbound calls to work. (Inbound caller
> gets line busy tone.)

Is the T1 in alarm?  You've first gotta get it out of alarm before you
can make calls on it.  Alarms are usually caused by physical
connectivity problems, or problems with framing and/or linecoding.

> Mitel Settings:
>
>             Line Coding = B8ZS Framing = D4 (T1 Card 9109-021-001-NA)

Hmmmn... D4 and B8ZS together?  That's bizarre.  Usually people will use
D4 framing and AMI linecoding together, or ESF framing and B8ZS
linecoding.  I've never seen anyone uuse B8ZS linecoding with D4
framing.

--
Jared Smith
Community Relations Manager