[asterisk-users] Aastra phones and park/pickup feature

OCG Technical Support support at ocg.ca
Mon Mar 3 13:45:12 CST 2008

We are installing Aastra phones (480's and 57i's) into a fairly simple
asterisk setup.  Although call park & pickup work fine using xfer to 700 (to
park), dial 701 (to pickup), we are unable to make the park/pickup softkey
feature work on the aastra's.

Although we've programmed the softkeys per the manuals, they seem to have no
effect (just dead).  For example, our 57i is setup like this:

softkey4 type: park
softkey4 label: "Park"
softkey4 value: asterisk;70
softkey4 line: 1
softkey4 states: connected

softkey4 type: pickup
softkey4 label: "Pickup"
softkey4 value: asterisk;70
softkey4 value: 1
softkey4 states: idle, outgoing

(we also tried "asterisk;700" with the same result).  Has anyone got the
softkey park/pickup working on aastra?

Thanks
Michelle