[asterisk-users] SPA3102 registration problem

Jaap Winius jwinius at umrk.to
Mon Mar 3 09:45:22 CST 2008

Quoting Jaap Winius <jwinius at umrk.to>:

> My problem is that normal SPA3102 configurations just don't seem to
> work. I can't even get the FXS port to register. I'm beginning to
> suspect that my unit is defective.

Today I called the vendor (voipsolutions.be) and was passed on to a
knowledgeable tech support guy (!) who suggested that I configure a
static IP address for the Internet gateway on the SPA3102 and use that
instead of the LAN gateway. It worked! The registration problem is
likely a bug, albeit an interesting one.

Unfortunately, I'm still no better off using this device as a PSTN
gateway than I am with the SPA3000, as I still can't get it to pass on
the Caller ID.

Cheers

Jaap