[asterisk-users] when we try to add CURL code to file channel.c we get an error - undefined reference to curl_easy_init

Prashant Sharma prashant.ruby at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 00:27:32 CST 2008

Hi Tilghman,

Thanks for taking interest in my problem.

I just want to send a http post request to my website without changing the
dial plan. So I have added slightly modified http post code and some other
code to channel.c got from <curl/curl.h>.
After adding the code I compiled the asterisk code and got the error:

channel.o(.text+0x....): channel.c:xxxx: undefined reference to
'curl_global_init'

Thanks
&
Regards,

Prashant Sharma

On Friday 29 February 2008 08:10:40 Prashant Sharma wrote:
>* When I try to add CURL code to file channel.c we get an error - undefined
*>* reference to curl_easy_init.
*>* I've added #include <curl/curl.h> so the code compiles fine.
*>* this error is generated by the linker, even though func_curl.c is
compiled
*>* and linked with no errors
*>* My asterisk machine have curl and curl-devel 7.12 installed.
*>* Asterisk version i am using is 1.4.17.
*
Let's start with, why are you adding curl code to channel.c?

--
Tilghman