[asterisk-users] Speex: complexity, VBR, ABR, CBR, quality

bilal ghayyad bilmar_gh at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 2 16:54:59 CST 2008

Hi All;

If someone used speex and has experience with its
settings, then who can help to explain the following:

1) When it is recommended to use VBR (vbr => true)?

2) If there relation between setting the vbr => true
and the abr value (for example to be 0 or 1 or 10) and
the relation between this value and abr (true /
false).

3) Any relation between the quality value and the abr
value?

4) Is there any setting that I can use cbr and what
will be the vbr setting in that case?

5) What is the difference between the complexity and
the quality?

6) What is the relation between the complexity and the
vbr? And the effection if abr was determined?

Sorry for all these questions, but I readed some webs
about speex at
C:\0Bilal\0Afkarona\Supplier\PBX\Asterisk\Codec\Speex
- Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.mht and others, but
in the end, I was feel still the things are not clear.

Any help?
Regards
Bilal