[asterisk-users] I need the least expensive way to do this

Michael Graves mgraves at mstvp.com
Sun Mar 2 07:53:38 CST 2008

On Sat, 01 Mar 2008 18:34:36 -0600, Timothy C Litwiller wrote:

>Everyone seems to think a used proprietary system would be better - I
>looked on ebay for over a week and never found something that indicates
>that you can conference and have voicemail.  In this day and age how can
>you get along without that. and for a small school without a diedicated
>person answering the phone I would think that an IVR would be critical.
>I didn't find anything on ebay that had that for less than 3000.

 For the kind of small arrangement you've described you could find that
the Panason KX-TG4500 is suitable. It's a two or four line system. The
main phone has the FXO ports. The rest of the phones are cordless
5.8GHz extensions. It can have up to 8 extensions. They come in
handheld handset ans desktop handset form factors. The basic system
with one portable is around $400 new. The extra handsets are around
$130 each. The base unit has built-in battery backup.

Tr
here:
http://www.101phones.com/cat/1971/Panasonic-4-Line-Multi-Handset-Phone-S
ystems.html

I've owned one of these for a long time. It's easy to administer. Has
on-board VM, hold, conference, transfer, etc. It's an all-in-one
solutioon for small operations.

Michael
--
Michael Graves