[asterisk-users] override/redefine asterisk DB function

Vieri rentorbuy at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 2 05:33:49 CST 2008

Hi.

Is it possible to override the standard DB function in
Asterisk?

My dialplan contains a lot of calls to "Set(DB(...))"
and "${DB(...)} which of course use astdb to
store/read data. I would like to stop using astdb and
switch to Clustered MySQL (I don't suppose "clustered
astdb" exists?).
So instead of rewriting extensions.conf and replacing
the DB calls with MYSQL calls, would it be possible to
just "user-define" the DB function so that I can leave
the extensions file intact but make the appropriate
MYSQL function calls?

Thanks.