[asterisk-users] Cisco 79xx users/consultants, 7970G color in particular share information

Alberto Pastore alberto at msoft-italia.com
Sun Mar 2 04:38:20 CST 2008

Sean Dennis ha scritto:
>> Sigma Networks wrote:
>> My current questions are:
>>
>>    1. How to remotely reboot 7970s.   I have both web access and SSH
>>       access to the phones.  The instructions I have for SSH are to use
>>       (1) user/pass (or whatever is in the confg) and then (2)
>>       debug/debug.  Surprisingly  "reset" is not a valid command to
>>       restart the phone.  There doesn't appear to be a reset on the web
>>       page, maybe there's a hidden URL?
>>    2. BusyLampField?
> We have about 200 79x1's running SIP w/ asterisk and we are very pleased
> despite some of the non-standard things Cisco does.
> In answer to question 1 the only way we have found to reboot the phone
> remotely is shutdown the port on the POE switch.  This will drop the
> PC's network as well if it is plugged into the phone.
> Question 2 I would like to know the answer to myself.  I would be
> curious to know if it works with the SIP image in call manager.

Same here.

We have about 500 phones, from both 79x1 and 79x0 series;
I posted the same two questions twice some time ago but never
got an answer: I do reboot phones by power cycling them too,
while I've been able to use blf with sccp images only.

Furthermore, XML Services on 7940/7960 seem to be broken
or at least to behave in different way than the one
described in the sdk documentation.

I needed the reboot feature to implement extension mobility but
I wasn't able to find a clean way. Power cycling is not always
an usable method, as many phones are powered by the AC adaptor.
I think I will able to put my hands on an UCM6.1 box very soon
to try that out and eventually grab the xml profiles.
As soon as I get the info I'll surely post it on this ML and on
voip-info too.

Alberto.