[asterisk-users] which phones to use ??

randulo spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 02:21:48 CST 2008

On Sun, Mar 2, 2008 at 4:26 AM, C F <shmaltz at gmail.com> wrote:
>  1. Way tooooo slooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwww to boot
>  2. Lack of features, can't reconfigure the buttons to show something
>  decent, like BLF, and the buttons you could configure are limited even
>  though they are soft buttons. Compare that to the Aastra 480i

I'd like to, maybe Aastra will loan me one? In the meantime, I hate
the whole Polycom menu and boot slowness and general interface, but
yeah, once booted, they sound good and are solid phones. I really like
my Sipura, but I hear good things from owners of both Snom and Aastra,
I just haven't worked with either yet.

This said, and I have given a few speeches on this already to small
business people, buy the phone that your users want. The one that will
make them most productive and comfortable. If it's just for you, buy
the phone you can afford.

/r