[asterisk-users] I need the least expensive way to do this

John Novack novackster at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 16:05:08 CST 2008

Not a good application for Asterisk.
Plenty of good used hybrid systems around for cheap
With the failing business and economic decline in the US there is a glut
on the market
Start with eBay
Toshiba, Avaya, Lucent, NEC or Nitsuko
Panasonic is probably the best choice of all , since they have dual
ports that will accept either POTS or prop phones. Get one display phone
for any programming.
Installed with proper protection they will last 20 years or more.

Steve Totaro wrote:
> You could probably pick up a slightly used Toshiba or something along
> with the phones off Ebay for a couple hundred bucks (since price is
> your concern).
>
> I hate to say it, but sometimes Asterisk is not the best answer.
>
> Thanks,
> Steve Totaro
>
> On Sat, Mar 1, 2008 at 4:08 PM, Tom Moore <tmoore at issvsat.com> wrote:
>
>> Probably an 8 port gateway.
>>  This would give you four of each and a network jack to tie back to your
>>  asterisk server.
>>
>>  Tom

Dog is my co-pilot