[asterisk-users] Cisco 79xx users/consultants, 7970G color in particular share information

Sigma Networks sigma at easymail123.com
Sat Mar 1 10:55:47 CST 2008

I would like to get in contact with users/consultants who are or have
worked with the Cisco phones and Asterisk to trade information.

Cisco has reluctantly made SIP available on their phones and most of the
information on voip-info and other wiki's appears to be reverse
engineered.  There is a wealth of information out there which is
terrific.

I have a client with about 40 phones composed of 7970, 7960 and 7906
phones.   I've upgraded all of these to SIP 8-3-3SR2S and the basic
functions are working.

My current questions are:

   1. How to remotely reboot 7970s.   I have both web access and SSH
      access to the phones.  The instructions I have for SSH are to use
      (1) user/pass (or whatever is in the confg) and then (2)
      debug/debug.  Surprisingly  "reset" is not a valid command to
      restart the phone.  There doesn't appear to be a reset on the web
      page, maybe there's a hidden URL?
   2. BusyLampField?

Thanks in advance.