[asterisk-users] Disto choice for Asterisk with AVM Fritz!PCI cards

Dave Cotton dcotton at linuxautrement.com
Mon Jun 30 23:10:15 CDT 2008

Matt Watson wrote:
> On June 30, 2008 08:44:44 pm Simon wrote:
>> Hi There,
>>
>> I am looking to build an Asterisk server with dual AVM Fritz!PCI cards
>> linked to 2 BRI in New Zealand. Just wondering if anyone has done
>> this, and if you have any ideas about the best disto choice for this
>> task?
>>

> Let me be the first to say: "Pick whatever distro you are comfortable with"
>
> Distro is more of a personal choice than anything... ultimatly they all have
> the same software available to them (for the most part), they all just do it
> a little bit differently.

I go along with the above, I"ve done this with Mandrake 10.1 and
OpenSuse 10.1 and 10.3, What I found was that with the Mandrake I used
chan_capi and patched the Suse supplied driver code to work with 2 Frtz
cards a lot of work. With the Suse installs I switched to chan_misdn no
patching and the config was handled bu misdn_init config automagically.

DC