[asterisk-users] [FreeBSD 6.3] Why not use safe_asterisk?

Vahan Yerkanian vahan at arminco.com
Sun Jun 29 07:16:14 CDT 2008

Vincent wrote:
> Hello
>
> 	I'm running Asterisk 1.4.20.1 on a FreeBSD 6.3 host, and unless I'm
> mistaken, it seems like /usr/local/etc/rc.d/asterisk script doesn't
> make use of /usr/local/sbin/safe_asterisk to restart Asterisk in case
> it crashes.
>
> Is this correct, and if yes, why not use it?
>
> Thank  you.

I've been wondering about that myself for a while too :)

MySQL is known to be using that method under FreeBSD for quite some time
similarly,
by running the the /usr/local/bin/mysqld_safe from
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/mysql-server.

Any active contributors to the net/asterisk wanna shed some light on
this mystery?

Vahan