[asterisk-users] asterisk seg fault

Karsten Wemheuer kwem at gmx.de
Sun Jun 29 06:33:12 CDT 2008

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 25.06.2008, 08:42 -0400 schrieb Jerry Geis:
> I am running asterisk from svn check out from yesterday Jun 24.
> I started with 1.4.20, then 1.4.21 then svn.
>
> I am getting:
> pcm_local.h:389 snd_pcm_channel_area_addr assertion bitsofs %8 = 0 failed
> segment fault.
>
> I am running debian i386, on a 486 sx machine.
> I am connecting to the Console/DSP and then I get the seg fault.
> Only thing in asterisk I changed from the default was turning off
> codec_lpc10.
> Which I am not using anyway.
>
> What should I do with this error?

If You are realy using a 486sx, please remember, that this CPU does not
have a math copro. Maybe that's the cause for the failure. Do You have
the Math-Emulation in kernel options activated? Other reasons can be
some optimisations this processor doesn't support. As Tilghman wrote,
the error does not occur in asterisk. According to Your second posting,
I would suspect the alsa-stuff.

HTH,

Karsten