[asterisk-users] Maximum number of SIP peers in Asterisk 1.4

Johansson Olle E oej at edvina.net
Fri Jun 27 09:17:50 CDT 2008

27 jun 2008 kl. 15.39 skrev Alejandro Cabrera Obed:

> Dear all, I have Asterisk 1.4.13 as a SIP server for my company with
> 100
> peers (I mean users)  and everything work fine.
>
> I have the following question: what is the maximum number of peers
> that
> I can reach with Asterisk ??? I know Asterisk is not a SIP server
> basically like OpenSER, so I'm confused.

Well, the number of peers that you can reach is infinite.

But the number of peers you can have in memory is limited of your
system.
With 1.4 there's also incremental time for the in-memory lookups for
every
sip message, something that Steve Murphy totally changed for 1.6.

I don't know the limit for in-memory peers, but I have successfully
configured
a system for 5000 in-memory peers. Not active  with registrations and
calls, but still in memory.

The issue you want to handle when configuring Asterisk for your company
is not really the number of devices, but the number of simultaneous
calls
and participants in conferences.

/O