[asterisk-users] Major problem with 1.4.21 asterisk

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Fri Jun 27 07:12:03 CDT 2008

On Friday 27 June 2008 02:09:26 Michael J. Liberatore wrote:
> I read over the patch details and it seems to address an iax2 issue but
> doesn't seem to apply to the cli freezing up and asterisk needing a kill
> -9 to stop it.  Unless I am missing something.

Without someone providing a 'core show locks' when this problem is happening
(note that you have to compile with DEBUG_THREADS to enable this command),
it's very difficult to diagnose the cause.  Tim Panton noted, however, that
when he enabled this option, along with DONT_OPTIMIZE, that the issue ceased
to occur.  So perhaps enabling those two options would help you out in the
meantime.

--
Tilghman