[asterisk-users] Cisco 7960 Promiscuous Redirect?

Brent Torrenga lists at torrenga.com
Wed Jun 25 13:35:12 CDT 2008

List,

A Cisco 7960 is registered to servers A and B, where B is the backup server,
only used by the 7960 if A is unreachable.  That is the behavior of these
phones.

A call comes from server B to the 7960, which is successful.  The 7960 then
tries to park the call via an attended transfer, so the 7960 calls
700 at serverA.  However, the transfer fails, though I am not sure why.  I have
promiscredir=yes set in all the sip.confs.  So I am thinking that the 7960
has a problem handing the incoming call from server B to server A.

Does anyone know that this is the problem, or else know of a solution?  I
can route calls from server B through server A to get to the 7960, but I'd
rather just call the 7960 from server B directly.

--Brent