[asterisk-users] Major problem with 1.4.21 asterisk

Michael J. Liberatore mike240se at straightandnarrowinc.org
Tue Jun 24 23:56:22 CDT 2008

Hi, i upgraded the other ay to 1.4.21 from 1.4.19 and started having
major iax2 problems.  All of a sudden calls wouldnt come in on the iax2
DID, and we couldnt make calls out even though everything looked ok.
Also there was usually a hung iax2 channel when this happened.  Stopping
asterisk also wouldnt work, i would do a "Stop now" and it would just go
back to the cli prompt.  I would do a ? and it wouldnt work.  I would
have to kill asterisk via ps and then restart it via init.d and then
iax2 would start working again for a short while (maybe a few hours)

I reinstalled 1.4.19 and the problems went away.  There appears to be a
major bug in 1.4.21 but i am not sure.

thanks

mike

This E-mail, including any attachments, may be intended solely for
the personal and confidential use of the sender and recipient(s) named
above. This message may include advisory, consultative and/or
deliberative material and, as such, would be privileged and confidential
and not a public document. Pursuant to 42 CFR, any information in this
e-mail identifying a former, present, or potential client of Straight & Narrow is confidential. If you have received this e-mail in error, you must not review, transmit, convert to hard copy, copy, use or disseminate this e-mail or any attachments to it and you must delete this message. You are requested to notify the sender by return e-mail.