[asterisk-users] Calls drop + "Didn't get a frame from channel" log message

Jean-Louis curty jlcurty at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 17:05:46 CDT 2008

I have googled a lot to find solution to the same exact problem described in
your message but no real solution yet.

here is my config

1 physical network
25 pc windows
25 phones IP330 & IP550 SIP 2.1.2 no vlan CDP disabled some with dhcp some
with fixed ip to see if there is a diff

3 switchs connected to each others
1 cisco switch 35xx for pcs
2 linksys 24P P OE for phones

1 patton PRI gateway to isdn

1 asterisk server 1.12.18 talking sip to Patton , for each phone, type
friend can re-invite no, nat no

symptoms:

call drop randomly , can be after 10 s or 2000 seconds ! same log "didn't
get frame etc
fews drops per phones per day but very irritating for the customer :-(

tried to power phones with adapters to avoid power pbs from the switch ,
same result

if someone met this problem before get an idea to fix it , I wd appreciate
!!!!!

thanks
jl