[asterisk-users] Centile ipbx, anyone heard of this?

randulo spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 01:28:35 CDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 5:58 AM, C. Savinovich
<c.savinovich at itntelecom.com> wrote:

>  To be fair, Centile is better geared than asterisk for virtual pbx
> hosting.  It comes with a system to manage virtual pbxs... it also handles
> the provisioning of most ip phones adequately, it is a totally different pbx
> although linux based.

Interesting. Yes, it has a few phones it knows how to provision. I am
using "generic SIP device" for both the phones currently in use.

>Although I don't know the details of your setup, it
> would not surprise me to see Centile accepting 2 different phones with the
> same extension on the same pbx.

Well, my 4AM brainstorm didn't help. The phone I'm having trouble with
is my favorite one, a Siemens S675IP. It is registered and works
perfectly with 5 other SIP providers. On the Centile pbx, it can make
calls but it can not be called. The web admin interface shows the
correct public and NAT ip addresses and shows the phone "in service".
Calling it from another phone rings once and then goes to congestion,
or at least that's the signal I hear. (It's wierd not being able to
ssh in and see what's happening.)