[asterisk-users] Controlling cell phone VM / Fax waiting notification icon for asterisk VM

Andrew Kohlsmith (lists) aklists at mixdown.ca
Mon Jun 23 08:43:46 CDT 2008

On June 23, 2008 08:08:53 am OCG Technical Support wrote:
> I little more digging and I confirmed that cell phone VM and FAX waiting
> icons are in fact controlled by a proprietary SMS message format.  Here's
> what I found:

Yes; this is the same sticking point I hit; you can't use an SMS email
gateway, because the SMSC mangles the message format in order to prevent this
and other hacks.  (Imagine anyone sending you an email and controlling this
and other things on your phone!)  Your best bet is to try and find an
internet SMS company that can control the MWI for your provider.

-A.