[asterisk-users] Recommendations for Motel Instalation.

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Sun Jun 22 10:18:24 CDT 2008

On Sat, Jun 21, 2008 at 01:47:47PM -0500, Lyle Giese wrote:
>    I agree with using used chan banks off of Ebay, but I would not touch a
>    Zhone.  I had one and sold it as soon as I could.  They are a real PITA to
>    program and don't pass caller id.

Yeah, I gather they're a bit touchy to program.  We need ours all the
same way, and have a script that Matt wrote to put them there.

As for CNID, I wouldn't know; I dont need it, and therefore haven't
tried.  IME, though, analog hotel phones don't have displays anyway.

>    I have purchased several Adtran chan banks and have been extremely
>    happy with them and tech support at Adtran. Support from Adtran has
>    been nothing short of excellent even though they knew I calling
>    about used chan banks from purchased on Ebay. One note is if the
>    admin/craft interface has a password on it, you have to call Adtran
>    to reset it. There is a way to bring up a numeric challenge code
>    and support will tell you the response to it and you are in.

Yeah, Adtran builds good stuff.  I hear decent things about the Adit's,
as well; they're certainly all pretty and modular...

Challenge/response is a nice idea for that; I hear the Adit's are a
bear to break into.

Cheers,
-- jra

	     Those who cast the vote decide nothing.