[asterisk-users] Calls Disconnect very often

Tariq .. tareksawah at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 20 14:59:35 CDT 2008

Greetings..
i'm having a disconnection problems with Calls comming to my Call Center..
i'm using the free version of G729 .. and i'm starting to suspect it would be the reason.. i just need to know if it's possible or there will be other problems??

i asked the technician in the location to do a ping to our DNS and there seems to be a problem.. one of them doesn't response and the other one has lots of timeouts.. he noticed that the disconnection of the call occures at the same time a timeout happens to the DNS .. so my question will be the following.. is it a CODEC problem? G729 more sensitive to internet than G723?
Regards
Tark Sawah