[asterisk-users] IVR for callee (called party)

Alexander Olekhnovich a.olekhnovich at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 08:17:45 CDT 2008

Thanks Tony,

First of all, thanks for answer.

The possible solution to solve the problem with auto hangup is to use 'h'
extension, which can execute some commands after hanging up, here we call
MeetMeAdmin(confno,K) from either caller or callee, what will hang up call
when caller drops the call or callee.
Actually not the best solution.

Something like that:
*
[Prompt]
exten => s,1,Goto(40)
exten => s,2,Playback(hello1)
exten => s,n,MeetMe(confno|qx)
exten => s,n,Hangup()

exten => s,40,Playback(hello2)
exten => s,n,MeetMe(confno|qx)
exten => s,n,Hangup()

exten => h,1,MeetMeAdmin(confno,K)

[Main]
.....Dial(...G(Prompt^s^1)*

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 6:26 PM, Tony Mountifield <tony at softins.clara.co.uk>
wrote:

> In article <8c3b04020806190812kf32dca3ua5a5bfd345d537a4 at mail.gmail.com>,
> Alexander Olekhnovich <a.olekhnovich at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I'm trying to make the next scenario in Asterisk DialPlan: Alice calls
> Bob,
> > Asterisk executes Dial application with G(context^exten^pri), after that
> Bob
> > answers the call, Asterisk transfers Alice to pri, Bob to pri+1. It
> should
> > be possible for example that in that context Asterisk executes different
> > scenarios for Bob and Alice and then connects Alice to Bob to let them
> > communicate. The problem is that I can not connect both sides for
> > conversation, Asterisk just hangs up after executes the scenarios.
> >
> > *[AnswerPrompt]
> > exten => s,1,Goto(10)
> > exten => s,2,Playback(Announce1)
> > exten => s,10,Playback(Announce2)
> >
> > [call-number]
> > exten => _X.,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}|G(AnswerPrompt^s^1))
> > exten => _X.,n,Hangup()
> >
> > *
> > Is there any solutions? Any help will be appropriate.
>
> In most versions of Asterisk, the best you can do is to put both calls
> into a Meetme room with a unique room number. The drawback with that is
> that when one of the parties hangs up, it doesn't automatically hang up
> the other party.
>
> There have been one or two enhancements proposed in the past to allow
> one channel to grab another and bridge to it, but I don't think such an
> application has made it into official versions yet (1.4 or trunk).
>
> Cheers
> Tony
> --
> Tony Mountifield