[asterisk-users] Website callback

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Thu Jun 19 08:05:59 CDT 2008

On Thursday 19 June 2008 07:57:07 Mark Hamilton wrote:
> LOL, I agree, it _did_ sound a little complicated than to just schedule a
> call in the future. I apologize for not being able to find this on the wiki
> earlier when I searched.
>
> The other cron jobs and everything probably bring _something_ to the table.
> I wonder what.
> Either way, please keep 'em coming boys, and yes I'd like to know the
> answer to Tzafrir's question about performance.

One very big benefit of using a database with cron jobs is that your web
application does not need to run as the same user (or otherwise weaken
security permissions) as the Asterisk daemon.  If running as the same user,
you'd have to either set both daemons to the same group (which means the
web server has access to all other files that Asterisk writes) or world
writable, which is even worse.

--
Tilghman