[asterisk-users] Website callback

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Thu Jun 19 03:22:04 CDT 2008

On Wed, 18 Jun 2008, Mark Hamilton wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a website where customers enter their phone numbers to be called. I'd
> like them to have to put in information and 'schedule' a call.
>

> 1)      Call Immediately
>
> 2)      Call in the next _ minutes
>
> 3)      Call me tomorrow, same time.
>
> So, Asterisk will pull two variables from this php websites, $phonenumber
> and $timetocall. $timetocall will need to be calculated as to exactly what
> time Asterisk will need to call.
>

> Then, Asterisk calls it (by way of call files? Either putting the call file
> in at the time it needs to be called, or I don't know what else) and then if
> the call is has a human on it, plays a message saying "We're now
> transferring you to an agent. Please wait." And transfer that call to a
> queue.
>

> How can I do this? Is there something prebuilt like this?

Reading the replies so-far... Cron jobs, databases, shell scripts... Ye
Gods... Try reading the manual (or at least the wiki)

http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk+auto-dial+out

Scroll down to the bit headed:

   How to schedule a Call in the Future

Assuming you already have some PHP to write the call-file and move it into
place, inserting a "touch" call after writing the file and moving it into
place ought to be trivial...

http://uk.php.net/manual/en/function.touch.php

Gordon