[asterisk-users] Interesting Directory Behaviour (not)

George Pajari George.Pajari at netvoice.ca
Wed Jun 18 15:34:15 CDT 2008

It appears that if a caller enters the Asterisk Directory and enters more than three letters, Asterisk does not provide the full response it normally generates if only three letters are pressed. This is causing one of my clients concern and I'm wondering if this is a problem others have addressed?

Here are the details:

If caller enters only three digits/letters:
"Jane Smith, Extension 123, If this is the person you are looking for..."

If the caller types in more than three letters, the person's name is not spoken, and the caller hears:
"Extension 123, If this is the person you are looking for..."

Callers, not hearing the person's name, have no idea if extension 123 is the correct extension and so are reluctant to confirm without hearing the person's name.

What's with this?