[asterisk-users] Who has the best call recording solution!

Mark Hamilton mark.h at cage151.com
Wed Jun 18 08:25:52 CDT 2008

Hi guys,

So, I was wondering this morning as to who might have the best recording
solution implemented.

When I say best, I mean how they record, convert it to some
low-diskspace-consuming format, and then leave it there, until a web-app
requests it, and then it's changed to wav or mp3 and then lets it download,
etc.

Either that or someone records, then pushes off the recordings to a
'recordings server', then when someone requests to listen to it on the box
that was recorded, it pulls the relevant recording from the 'server',
converts it and allows it for download?

Something like that.. you get the drift.

Basically, I'm looking to record different queues that are hosted. But do
not want to compromise too much diskspace, yet want to make it available for
download through some web-app for listening (wav or mp3).

Thanks,

Mark.