[asterisk-users] TRANSFER_CONTEXT ignored?

Mike list at virtutel.ca
Wed Jun 18 08:05:09 CDT 2008

Hi,

I am in a weird situation where a variable seemed ignored,  but not always.
That variable is __TRANSFER_CONTEXT.

Basically, I have a phone registered with asterisk.  It's context is
"internal".  Outgoing calls go through that context (all good).

When I get an incoming call which I want transferred, I don't want it to go
through the context "internal" but through "internal-transferred".  So I
followed the instructions and set the __TRANSFER_CONTEXT variable this way:

exten => 1234,n,Set(__TRANSFER_CONTEXT=internal-transferred)

This is set a few lines before the Dial(SIP/phone) is called.

But when I transfer a call out, it's send using the "internal" context,
seemlingly ignoring the TRANSFER_CONTEXT variable.

Any ideas?

Mick